Remote marketing agencies can offer businesses a lot of benefits, such as lower costs and the ability to work with talented professionals from all over the world. How do you go about finding and hiring a remote marketing agency that's the right fit for your business? Here are a few tips:
1. Seek references and consider industry
When vetting marketing agencies, it's important to ask for referrals from other businesses that have worked with the agency. You should also consider the agency's industry experience. Does it have a lot of experience marketing businesses in your industry, or does it have a more general focus? The more relevant the agency's experience is to your business, the better.
2. Look at the agency's portfolio
Remote agencies often have impressive portfolios of work they've done for other clients. Take the time to review this portfolio, and make sure you like the agency's style and the types of campaigns it has run in the past. Remote agencies should have a deep understanding of how to use marketing technology effectively. They should also be able to demonstrate an understanding of your industry and the services you provide.
3. Check out the agency's website
A good marketing agency will have a well-designed website that demonstrates its skills and capabilities. Take a look at the website to get a feel for the agency's style and approach to marketing.
4. Read reviews
Online reviews can be a great resource for getting an idea of what it's like to work with a particular marketing agency. Look for reviews on websites like Yelp and Google Places.
5. Talk to the agency
Once you've narrowed down your list of potential marketing agencies, take the time to reach out to those agencies and talk about your business. Make sure you have a clear understanding of how the agency will market your business, its approach to marketing, and how it plans to measure success.
6. Ask for a proposal
Once you've decided on a marketing agency, ask for a proposal outlining the agency's plans and budget for marketing your business. This proposal should include:
• A detailed outline of the agency's proposed marketing strategy.
• An overview of the services it will provide.
• A specific amount for what you'll pay.
• The proposal should also list the agency's expected turnaround time for each campaign.
7. Get a contract
Once you've signed off on the proposal, it's important to have a contract in place that outlines the terms of the agreement between you and the marketing agency. This contract should include:
• The services the agency will provide.
• The agreed-upon budget for marketing services.
• The payment schedule.
• An outline of what will happen if either party wants to cancel the agreement.
• How you'll receive reports on the progress of each campaign.
8. Review terms
Before you sign an agreement, look it over carefully to make sure the contract outlines everything you've agreed upon. If you have any questions or concerns, talk them over with the marketing agency.
9. Get to work!
Once you and the marketing agency have signed the agreement and made the necessary arrangements, it's go time. Keep in mind that it may take a little time for the agency to get up to speed on your business, so be patient and allow it enough time to execute its marketing plan.
10. Monitor results, make adjustments as needed
In order to get the best return on your investment, it's important to monitor how well each campaign is performing and make changes as needed. Working with a remote marketing agency gives you the advantage of being able to make these changes quickly and easily.
11. Go with your gut
When all is said and done, you should choose the marketing agency that feels like the best fit for your business. Trust your gut instinct, and go with the agency that you feel most comfortable working with.
How do you know you have chosen the right remote marketing agency?
• You feel an instant connection with that firm or individual when you first speak on the phone.
• You like their portfolio and what you see there resonates with your business values and goals.
• You like the proposed strategy, and you feel comfortable with their professional team.
• You like their method of reporting on progress.
• They are reasonably priced for the value they provide.
• They have a good reputation with former and current clients.
• They are easy to work with, and you feel confident that they want the best for your business.
• You have a contract in place that outlines the expectations and deliverables of both parties.
• You are excited to get started and see results!
Hiring a remote marketing agency can be a great way to boost your business's marketing efforts, but it's important to do your homework before you make a decision. By following these tips, you're sure to find the perfect marketing agency for your business.